Saturday, August 6, 2011

On the way

Well an auspicious start to the trip. When I checked in at Darwin Airport, I was checked in by quit an attractive lady. I may have been flirting a bit, which probably explains what happened later.
I wandered the terminal and then decided to go through immigration. I was just about to have my turn when I heard my name paged through the loudspeakers. I was to return to the customer service desk. It turned out that the lovely lady had checked me in under the wrong name. I had not noticed the wrong name on my ticket. That would have been awkward at immigration.
The rest went straight forward. Buying cheap Jetstar tickets really sucks. You have to buy everything, and service is poor. Waited over an hour for first opportunity to get a drink, had to chase hard for further drinks.
Arrived in Singapore for the night. Found my hotel and a very nice microbrewery across the road, which did a nice IPA. The brewery is called AdstraGold worth a second visit.
Up early and I am waiting to board the flight to Siem Reap.
TheBludger is ready to go.
Nick Smith
Nick@nicksmith.info
Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment